Registration opens 20 June 2022 and closes 20 July 2022 at 5pm
Apologies for the inconvenience, we've had some issues with our system.
Wordbooks are available - sent via email once registration is complete
Vibrant, interactive and engaging competition platforms for learners across the world.
Master Spelling Bee seeks to:
- Influence the educational landscape firstly in South Africa, then Africa and the world by providing a platform for learners to engage with educational material in a competitive space
- Build professional, intense and enjoyable world class competitions for participants and spectators
- Instill excellence in participants, organizers and volunteers
- To set a platform for learners in South Africa to improve skills associated with good spelling habits.
- To help learners enhance their competitive skills under pressure.
- To provide an opportunity for learners to understand their skills and capability in spelling.
Who can participate?
- Learners from grade 4 -12 are eligible to participate. A learner may be younger but may not be more than 2 years older than the genrally expected age of that specific grade. Example: a grade 4 learner is generally expected to be 10 during their grade 4 year so a participant may not be older than 12 years at the end of the calendar year.
- Although the child must be registered at any school in the Republic of South Africa they do not have to register as part of a school group. Registration can be done individually without the assistance of the school.
- Learners must however register within the scheduled date and time to be eligible for participation.
- Participants must have paid required registration fee as mentioned in the Registration & Fees section below.
-Bumble Bees : grade 4-6
-Honey Bees : grade 7-9
-Melittidae Bees : grade 10-12
How does the Competition work?
Every learner can participate in the regional competition. Only the top 10 are invited to the provincial competition. From the provincial competition, only the top 5 are invited to the National competition. There are 3 winners at National level.